Monday, October 03, 2005

 

SCOTUS: Where was Miers on 9/11?

From Ask the White House:
Karrin, from OHIO writes:
Where were you on September 11th and what did you do?

Harriet Miers:
Karrin, I was traveling with the President on September 11, 2001. So I started out in Florida. I was the President's Staff Secretary at that point in time, so I continued to do those duties. I was responsible for making sure the remarks he prepared to give to the Nation from Louisiana were properly prepared for him. It took some time, and the President saw me hurrying to give them to him. He said, "Good hustle!" He made me feel good that I was contributing. Typical. That was a remarkable day I will never forget. I will never forget how strong the President's response was to something so dreadful and so unexpected.

Also, from the same webpage:
Caleb, from California writes:
With the 911 Commission report stating there was no linkable evidence between Sept. 11th and Iraq, why are the two often grouped together? Shouldn't they be considered two separate fights?

Harriet Miers
Hello, Caleb. I believe you must be referring to some language in the Report that can be misread. [...Much quoting from the report...] The scope of the Commission’s review limits the reporting on post-9/11 events, such as the activities of Zarqawi and his associates in Baghdad. So, no, I don’t think they should be considered separately. They are both part of the War on Terror.

I think there is a bit more evidence out there supporting the complete lack of connection between 9/11 and Iraq. If I may quote Colin Powell, from 20/20. This is from an interview that aired the day before the above "Ask" session.

Walters: Do you think, looking back, that there was a connection between Saddam Hussain and the terrorist attack of 9/11?

Powell: I have not seen one.

W: You have not, eventhough that has been used as one of the reasons...

P: I have never said it.

W: You have never thought there was a connection.

P: I have never seen a connection. I can't think otherwise because I have never seen any evidence to suggest there was one.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?